Monday, September 29, 2014

Dodge joins the fight to end Alzheimers!

It is exactly one year since I lost my Mother-In-Law to Alzheimers. It was something that crept into her life and it took us a while to recognize what was truly happening with her. Forgetful, repeating herself, all things we thought just came with age.  She eventually progressed so quickly that within 4 years, Mom’s health declined greatly. I wish we would have known sooner who to call for help. There are organizations out there who help out free of charge if you don’t have the money to pay for full time care. We found Heartland Home Hospice. Wonderful organization, and helped more than we originally thought they would. I wish we found them sooner – we might have had Mom here longer. The staff at Heartland even came to Mom’s wake to pay their respects.   This weekend I was able to not only join the Walk to End Alzheimers, I also was able to donate trucks and men to help load supplies and assist setting up and breaking down. The event was amazing.  This will be a yearly walk for me now – honoring her this weekend was exactly what she and our family needed.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment